Re: pgsql-server: Fix a number of places where brittle - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pgsql-server: Fix a number of places where brittle
Date
List pgsql-committers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> > On Monday 06 September 2004 19:34, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Fix a number of places where brittle data structures or overly strong
> >> Asserts would lead to a server core dump if an error occurred while
> >> trying to abort a failed subtransaction
>
> > Does that eliminate the following from the open items list?
>
> > resolve issues with pg_subtrans and pg_clog re: WAL-logging and fsync /
> > determine proper crash recovery/logging for pg_subtrans
>
> No, but we dealt with that stuff two weeks ago.  Not sure why it's still
> on the open-issues list.

It isn't.  He must have an old copy:

                               PostgreSQL 8.0 Open Items
                               =========================

Current version at http://candle.pha.pa.us/cgi-bin/pgopenitems.

Changes
-------
* Win32
    o add binary version stamps?
    o fix signal-safe socket handler for SSL
    o fix SSL compiles
    o fix query cancel in psql (?)
    o shorten timezone for %t log_line_prefix
    o start pg_autovacuum easily
    o fix users who's timezones are not recognized
    o allow installed locales rather than hardcoded one
    o update encoding list to include win1250
    o synchonize supported encodings and docs
    o disable readline-required psql options
    o fix shared memory on Win2k terminal server
    o fix negative getrusage() results from VACUUM VERBOSE
* fix oid2name for tablespaces
* allow libpq to check parameterized data types
* make pgxs install by default
* add xid to log_line_prefix for PITR
* cleanup FRONTEND use in /port, malloc, elog
* fix ambiguity for objects using default tablespaces
* fix case where template db already uses target tablespace
* have plpython reject pseudotype arguments because it crashes
* add i386 solaris spinlock code
* fix permissions on sequences restored via pg_dump