Returning back a resultset from a stored function - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Daniel Daoust
Subject Returning back a resultset from a stored function
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi,

I am looking at ways to return a resultset from a
stored function through ODBC.
My background is in Oracle and I have to implement a
new VB6 system using PostgreSQL.

I have found that "psqlodbc" does not support the
refcursor type.
I also investigated the following form: " select *
from somefunc(); ", but realized that this worked only
inside "PL/pgSQL", therefore could not be used
directly from SQL.

First: Are my assumptions correct?
Second: Does anyone know a way to accomplish what I am
trying to do?

I would appreciate any thoughts on the subject.

Thank you,
Daniel