Apologies if you don't consider this a bug and I've wasted your time. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Steve Ingram
Subject Apologies if you don't consider this a bug and I've wasted your time.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

I have a postgresql database that I have added postgis capabilities to.

When I pg_dump out the database, it outputs all the tables, functions, types
as you'd expect, but it outputs table definitions that reference postgis
functions/types *before* the functions/types themselves.

This means that when I restore the database on a different machine,
the table definitions complain because they don't know about the
types that are referenced further down the file.

I checked to see if I could force the pg_dump to be in a particular order,
but that doesn't seem possible (or I'm just blind :) )

I'm guessing the info is just coming out in OID order?

Of course, it may be an impossible task to do anything about this
and in my case I do have workarounds (not to mention I can edit the
file :) ), but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Wonderful database by the way!

cheers

steve