Re: pgsql 8.0.0b1 - openssl detection - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: pgsql 8.0.0b1 - openssl detection
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Stefanos Harhalakis wrote:
> This happens because AC_CHECK_HEADERSis implemented using the
> preprocessor (cpp/gcc -E) without adding CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS:

The correct variable is CPPFLAGS.  Actually, you can also use
--with-includes, but this is only in PostgreSQL, so I suggest you get
used to CPPFLAGS, because that works everywhere.

> If you are not going to change this back to the old behaviour you
> should consider using AC_ARG_ENABLE instead of AC_ARG_WITH since the
> second is intended to be used when there is an optional (or not)
> argument to be passed (--with-package=arg) while the first is
> intended to be used to enable or disable a feature
> (--enable-feature).

This is wrong.  Both variants can accept an argument or not.  The
difference is only in the spelling.

--
Peter Eisentraut