Re: Garbage characters for \d table? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Garbage characters for \d table?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Folks,

> Bug summary: PSQL's \d table displaying garbage characters for one table.
> Severity:  Annoyance
> Reproducability: Poor
> Version:  7.4.3 on the client, 7.4.1 on the server.  Both compiled from
> source.
> Platform: SuSE Linux 9.1, Linux Kernel 2.6.7 (client), RH Linux 8.0 on
> server. Connection btw. client <--> server is over SSH tunnel.

UPDATE:  Turns out the garbage characters were actually in the field names
themselves.   Somehow a previous bad connection caused line breaks to get
replaced with unicode garbage when I created the table.   It seems like, in
PSQL, the use of non-ASCII characters should require quoted identifiers, but
apparently not?

--
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________
Josh Berkus               Consultant