Re: BUG #1208: Invalid page header - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: BUG #1208: Invalid page header
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> > If you are sure your storage and memory are good, I can think of only
> > two other ideas.  One is a gcc bug.  You are running Itanium so it is
> > possible.  The only other possibility I can think of is that that our
> > ia64 assembler code is wrong.  It is:
>
> But that code is gcc-only, and he's not using gcc.

Oh, I see that now:

  Compiler used (example:  gcc 2.95.2)          :   Intel C compiler version 8.0

> It's certainly possible that the non-gcc spinlock path is broken on IA64
> though.  I dunno that anyone has ever tested that combination.  It might
> be interesting for him to run the "test" program in s_lock.c and see if
> it complains.

What locking code is actually being used. I don't see any __ia64__
entries except for gcc.  Is it calling some libc library tas()?  It is
falling back to semaphores?