Re: COPY with column headings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeroen T. Vermeulen
Subject Re: COPY with column headings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 10:53:36AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Someone just asked about a COPY capability to supply the column headings
> as the first line of the copy statement.  Do we want to support
> something like that?  Does anyone else want such functionality?

Wouldn't it be more logical, and more compatible, to keep this information
as regular column information in the PGresult returned by the COPY?  Or
would that clash with the difference between "command" and "query" result
handling?

Jeroen