Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Am Freitag, 13. August 2004 06:22 schrieb Chris Travers:
> Any chance that Slony will be packaged in the contrib directory?  Or is
> the time for that past?  After all, in 7.4, iirc. we still had things
> like rserv and other things which probably don't even work with 7.4.

This may make arguments about the press release easier, but from a technical
point of view, it would be a completely pointless, counterproductive move.
The software is developed independently and at a different pace, so let them
be.

--
Peter Eisentraut