Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dan Langille
Subject Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > To be fair :) the only thing that makes Slony notable for PostgreSQL is
> > that it is Open Source. There are other replication systems out there
> > that have been working for some time.
>
> Uh, and we are an open source project --- Slony being "open source"
> seems like a very notable distinction to me.

My very basic knowledge of Slony gave me the impression that is was
solving problems that other replication systems had not yet solved.
These issues centered around masters/slaves, promotions, additions,
withdrawals, catch up, etc.  I have no details and I am certain that I'm
using the wrong terminology.

--
Dan Langille - http://www.langille.org/