Re: Storing binary data. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Storing binary data.
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wednesday 11 Aug 2004 7:59 pm, Jesper Krogh wrote:
> The "common" solution, I guess would be to store them in the filesystem
> instead, but I like to have them just in the database it is nice clean
> database and application design and if I can get PostgreSQL to "not
> cache" them then it should be excactly as fast i assume.

You can normalize them so that a table contains an id and a bytea column only.
Te main table will contain all the other attributes and a mapping id. That
way you will have only the main table cached.

You don't have to go to filesystem for this, I hope.

HTH

 Shridhar