Re: Autovacuum Integration Patch Take 5 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Autovacuum Integration Patch Take 5
Date
List pgsql-patches
Matthew, your reply was exactly the type of reply I would have made in
your situation.  Your arguments are clear and indisputable.

Due to the many large patches the we had to process during this release,
we serialized their review.  However, I made promises to developers that
their patches would get the same consideration if they were reviewed
early or late.  Obviously this wasn't true of your patch.  We found more
issues than we thought and didn't give you time to address them.
Frankly we are lucky autovacuum was the only item that didn't make it
because several features were in similar need of major work.  Of course
that is no consolation to you and people looking for autovacuum in 8.0.

Not sure what I can do about it at this point.  I am going to write up a
whole documentation section on 3rd party tools and interfaces and
pg_autovacuum would have a big mention there.

There is the issue of Win32 and the need for pg_autovacuum to start
easily.