Re: The black art of postgresql.conf tweaking - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: The black art of postgresql.conf tweaking
Date
List pgsql-performance
Gaetano,

> Of course your are speaking about the "worst case", I aplly in scenarios
like
> this on the rule 80/20: 80% of connection will perform a sort and 20% will
allocate
> memory for the sort operation in the same window time:

Well, I suppose it depends on how aggresive your connection pooling is.   If
you minimize idle connections, then 300 connections can mean 200 concurrent
queries.  And since Paul *is* having problems, this is worth looking into.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions