dropping a rule find an error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Prabu Subroto
Subject dropping a rule find an error
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear my friends...

I want to drop a rule but I get an error message.
Could you tell me my I can not drop (delete) the rule?

Thank you very much in advance.

ps: Here is my try underbelow:

postgres@patrix:~> psql kv
Welcome to psql 7.4.2, the PostgreSQL interactive
terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

kv=# create rule viewpatrixcust as on update to
viewpatrix do instead update customer set
firstname=new.firstname, lastname=new.lastname where
custid=old.custid;
ERROR:  rule "viewpatrixcust" for relation
"viewpatrix" already exists
kv=# drop rule viewpatrixcust;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near ";" at character 25
kv=#