[subxacts] Last try before beta - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject [subxacts] Last try before beta
Date
Re: [subxacts] Last try before beta  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Hackers,

Here is the last patch before beta for subtransactions.  It fixes the
following outstanding issues:

- Add (some) user savepoint documentation
- Update comments in code, htup.h and xact.c
- EOXactCallback API extension (called on subxact start, abort, commit,
  and main xact abort and commit, with an "event" parameter and the
  parent transaction ID where appropiate)
- use lfirst_xid and lappend_xid (macros over lfirst_int and
  lappend_int)
- Xid cache speeds up TransactionIdIsInProgress
- IsSubTransaction uses nesting depth rather that TBLOCK status
- Ordering of operations on subxact start/abort/commit matches
  corresponding main xact operations
- SetReindexProcessing

Note that I deliberately broke the API for EOXactCallbacks, because
something that needs to do something at that low a level surely needs to
be at least revised to check if it's OK regarding subtransactions.

(I found no documentation for that API anyway?)

Please review and apply if OK.

"The eagle never lost so much time, as
when he submitted to learn of the crow." (William Blake)

Attachment