Re: plperl win32 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: plperl win32
Date
List pgsql-patches
Magnus, why is this reassignment needed, basically the 'else' part:

! ifeq ($(PORTNAME), win32)
! xperl_archlibexp=$(subst \,/,$(perl_archlibexp))
! xperl_privlibexp=$(subst \,/,$(perl_privlibexp))
! perl_embed_ldflags=-L $(xperl_archlibexp)/CORE -lperl58
! else
! xperl_archlibexp=$(perl_archlibxep)
! xperl_privlibexp=$(perl_privlibexp)
! endif

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Here is a patch required to build plperl with win32. The issues were:
>
> * perl_useshrplib gets set to "yes" and not to "true". I assume it's set
> to "true" on unix, so I left both.
> * Need to translate backslashes into slashes
> * The linker config coming out of perl was for MSVC and not for mingw
>

> Some of this is pretty ugly stuff - the reassigning into a second
> variable etc. If somebody with a little better "makefile knowledge"
> would clean that up (if it can be, but it should be possible), please
> do!
>

> //Magnus
>
>  <<plperl_win32.patch>>

[ Attachment, skipping... ]