Re: Include tablespace information in psql \d footers - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Include tablespace information in psql \d footers
Date
List pgsql-patches
Patch applied.  Thanks.

I removed the display of tablespaces for sequences and toast tables:

    test=> \d test
         Table "public.test"
     Column |  Type   | Modifiers
    --------+---------+-----------
     x      | integer |

    test=> \d test2
         Table "public.test2"
     Column |  Type   | Modifiers
    --------+---------+-----------
     x      | integer |
    Tablespace:
        "tmp"

Why is the tablespace name printed on a separate line?

Gavin Sherry wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Gavin Sherry <swm@linuxworld.com.au> writes:
> > > Attached.
> >
> > Couple of problems with this:
> >
> > 1. Don't #ifndef WIN32 it.  In the first place, we might have tablespace
> > support on Windows later, and in the second place, even if psql is
> > running on Windows that doesn't mean the server it's talking to is.
>
> Oops.
>

> > 2. Printing "pg_default" when reltblspace is zero is wrong.  Get the
> > database's default tablespace and print that.  Or perhaps better,
> > don't print anything at all; that would avoid cluttering the display
> > for people who don't use tablespaces.
>
> Ahhh yes of course. Attached is a patch with docs which excludes reporting
> of the default tablespace.
>
> Gavin

[ Attachment, skipping... ]