Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant
Date
Re: the PostgreSQL Elephant  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Peter,

> There is no conflict.  If a company calls itself PostgreSQL, Inc., then
> it will logically use the PostgreSQL elephant as its logo.  If you feel
> there is a conflict then the conflict is really a company calling
> itself PostgreSQL, Inc.  That was not particularly wise, but I don't
> really consider it a problem.  But the logo is really a much smaller
> subset problem.

You missed part of Lamar's commentary:  apparently the BEH logo belonged to
PostgreSQL Inc. and we started using it, not the other way around.  So the
logo is theirs and we copied it.

Which *definitely* wasn't smart.

--
-Josh Berkus