Re: Nested Transactions, Abort All - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Nested Transactions, Abort All
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 09:46:00PM +0200, Dennis Bjorklund wrote:

> One can have many different semantics, here are 3 versions:
>
>  1) You release savepoints in any order
>  2) You release savepoints in reverse order
>  3) You release any savepoints and later ones then the
>     one you released are automatically released.
>
> I don't see any of these as absurd. The ansi spec uses number 3.

Ah-ha, now I see what I failed to see previously: all later savepoints
are also released!  This makes a lot more sense.  So "release" is
exactly like commit nested, allowing several levels to be "committed".

"La fuerza no está en los medios físicos
sino que reside en una voluntad indomable" (Gandhi)