Re: win32 port - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: win32 port
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 12:22:42PM +0200, zuhans@iname.com wrote:

> ...and i don't want to run postgresql as service - there are so many
> services in windows (xp) running - every piece of software installs some
> more or less dubious things in memory... - that the overall system-speed
> is decreasing a lot the longer you run your computer.

There has to be a way of having a service configured not to run
automatically at boot, and run it by hand, isn't there?

Windows people would know better than me, but I think you can do these
things using "NET START" or something like that.

"La victoria es para quien se atreve a estar solo"