Re: [BUGS] [CHECKER] 4 memory leaks in Postgresql 7.4.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [BUGS] [CHECKER] 4 memory leaks in Postgresql 7.4.2
Date
Re: [BUGS] [CHECKER] 4 memory leaks in Postgresql 7.4.2  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 07:50:46PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> It's entirely likely that ecpg's derivative of the backend's datetime
> modules contains lots and lots of memory leaks, since AFAIK the palloc
> infrastructure is not there in the ecpg environment :-(.

I wonder why is this?  Is there some limitation to using palloc outside
the backend itself?  I ask because I have considered using it outside
Postgres several times (a consideration that has never materialized
yet), and I wonder if it needs something special to work.

Dios hizo a Adán, pero fue Eva quien lo hizo hombre.