New News Entry - Mailing list pgsql-www

From www@www.postgresql.com (World Wide Web Owner)
Subject New News Entry
Date
List pgsql-www
A new entry has been added to the news database.

Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_news.php?208

Submitted by: justin@postgresql.org
Headline: Slony-I (Production Grade) Replication System Released
The Slony-I team is proudly presenting the 1.0 release of the most advanced replication solution for the most advanced
OpenSource Database in the world.

Story:

The Slony-I team is proudly presenting the 1.0 release of the most advanced replication solution for the most advanced
OpenSource Database in the world:

The multithreaded replication engine requires the libpq client library to be compiled with --enable-thread-safety on
certainoperating systems.   Known are thus far Solaris and AIX.  Other operating systems are known to not
requirethis (Linux-X86, FreeBSD-X86, FreeBSD-Alpha, OpenBSD-Sparc64 and OSX).  The configuration script is broken
withrespect to the --enable-thread-safety switch for Solaris.  Please apply this patch, configure and recompile
libpq:<a
href=\"http://developer.postgresql.org/~wieck/slony1/download/threadsafe-libpq-742.diff.gz\">threadsafe-libpq-742.diff.gz</a>.
Wewill make patches for 7.3.x available on request.