Re: PREPARE and transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeroen T. Vermeulen
Subject Re: PREPARE and transactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 08:20:17AM +0530, Abhijit Menon-Sen wrote:
> But for what it's worth, I strongly dislike the later proposal of making
> prepared statements anonymous, and pattern matching the statement text,
> especially if they reintroduce the need to quote query parameters.

Only in cases where you aren't sure your prepared statement name will be
visible.  And even in those cases, wouldn't PQexecParams() do the job?
That'd be like PQexecPrepared() except the query text becomes a kind of
replacement for the query name.

Jeroen