Re: Row values - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Row values
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 09:56:43AM -0300, Juan Jose Costello Levien wrote:
> Alvaro,
>
> Sorry, but, where are the log file and core you mentioned? I tried
> /var/log/postgresql but is in 0 file size.

Your server may be misconfigured (most linux distros are).  Make sure
your init script does not redirect postmaster's (or pg_ctl's)
stdout/stderr to /dev/null.  Also make sure that if you are using
syslog, the syslog server is configured to save the messages somewhere
useful, by checking the facility Postgres uses (configurable) and where
does syslog save messages from this facility.

The core file, on the other hand, should be somewhere in
/var/lib/pgsql/data/base (if you haven't changed PGDATA), _unless_ the
server runs under a core 0-byte limit (under bash, ulimit -c will tell
you).

Hope this helps,

"Java is clearly an example of a money oriented programming"  (A. Stepanov)