Re: feature request ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: feature request ?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi all,

I ask: "why not to disallow nulls in boolean fields?". It was a question not a proposal.
The explanation was clear to me. Nulls are not values but the absence of a known value.

It is comparable to the state of a c (or almost any other programming language) variable that had not been initialized. It is not a matter to disallw it, because is implicit in the nature of the programming languages. Am i right?

(Maybe my english is not perfect, is not my mother tongue but a lerned one.)

Thanx in advance,
Jaime Casanova

Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
Umm - what proposal?

Umm - who is suggesting prohibiting nulls? I've re-read the entire
thread and can't find any such suggestion. Is this one of those
occasions where the different dialects of English are causing confusion?

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd