Re: feature request ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From sad
Subject Re: feature request ?
Date
List pgsql-sql
>  then lots of currently perfectly correct
> programs break.  If they're the same, then ELSE has different meanings
> depending on whether NULL is specified, and that's generally bad from an
> understanding the language standpoint.

i've already thougth on this
new control structure needed
but the name of the IF is perfect %-)

> In addition, either adding a FALSE and NULL or just a NULL still involves
> looking at the rest of the IF semantics to make sure they make sense.  How
> do those interact with ELSIF blocks?

that is because we used to two-valued BOOL...
but anyway i see no clear way to generalize ELSEIF.

may i suppose it was wrong to historically define IF as two-blocks control in
plpgsql ?
forget it.