Re: plpgsql - Inserting DEFAULT Value. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vams
Subject Re: plpgsql - Inserting DEFAULT Value.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sunday 20 June 2004 03:37 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> Consider passing the appropriate sequence name to the function as a
> trigger parameter.

That was going to be a last resort.  So there is no way to access the DEFAULT
value that a column would get if no value or a DEFAULT was sent in an insert?
How about removing a column value so that the default action would be
performed.  Like someone would "INSERT ... VALUES (1234, ...);" and I would
remove the 1234 or something similar so that the INSERT would activate the
default constraint for the column?

Thx,
  Vams

PS.  I tried to post much sooner (like a week ago), but for some reason I was
unable to.  I emailed the admins and whoever dropped the restriction, thank
you very much.