Re: Formatting problems with negative intervals, TO_CHAR - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: Formatting problems with negative intervals, TO_CHAR
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 11:08:37AM +0200, Stefan Weiss wrote:
> On Monday, 07 June 2004 09:52, Karel Zak wrote:
> >   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/functions-formatting.html
> >
> >   Warning: to_char(interval, text) is deprecated and should not be                      ^^^^^^^^
> >   used in newly-written code. It will be removed in the next version.
>
> This is news for me. Are there any suggestions what we should replace
> TO_CHAR with? For example, we were using TO_CHAR to print timestamp
> values in ISO format without milliseconds ("YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS" style),
> regardless of the current datestyle setting.
Ah.. ONLY the  INTERVAL version of TO_CHAR()  is deprecated! All othersversions for numbers, timestamp or date are
supportednow and in futureversions too.

   Karel

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/