Re: Turn off "money" formatting? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: Turn off "money" formatting?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 01:44:26PM -0700, Jerry wrote:
> Is it possible to turn off the "$" and "," that appear in "money" formatted
> columns so I can dump the table in a numeric format?

 Don't use  "money" datetype. You can  use other numerical  datetype and
 currency symbol add  to final result when you need  it. For example you
 can use "numeric" and to_char(.., '999L') for result formatting.

 I think  a lot of  things about "money"  you found in  PostgreSQL lists
 archives.

 .. and .. Please, read docs:

 http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/datatype-money.html

    Note:  The money type is deprecated. Use numeric or decimal
    instead, in combination with the to_char function.

 :-)

  Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>