Re: Page access pattern in query plan using index scan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Page access pattern in query plan using index scan
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 08:38:58PM -0400, Jack Orenstein wrote:

> What is the pattern of access to data pages? I can think of two likely
> answers:
>
> 1) The index is scanned for ages 30 through 40. As each index entry is
> scanned, a row is retrieved.

This one.  There have been noises about doing the second, but it's non
trivial and there's no hacker currently working on it.  Not to be
expected on the next version, I'd think.

Licensee shall have no right to use the Licensed Software
for productive or commercial use. (Licencia de StarOffice 6.0 beta)