Re: Creating a session variable in Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bill Moran
Subject Re: Creating a session variable in Postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 16:00:18 +0200
"Nagib Abi Fadel" <nagib.abi-fadel@usj.edu.lb> wrote:

> Is it possible to create a session variable for each user in Postresql ??

I was just thinking that the term "session variable" is like the word "love" in
that it means something different to everyone.

That being said, I can't think of any definition of "session variable" that
Postgres isn't capable of handling.  If you have a more specific meaning you
want to ask about, I suggest providing a scenerio, or otherwise more specific
question.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies