Re: Converting postgresql.conf parameters to kilobytes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Converting postgresql.conf parameters to kilobytes
Date
Re: Converting postgresql.conf parameters to kilobytes  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sunday 30 May 2004 21:33, Tom Lane wrote:
> Shridhar Daithankar <shridhar@frodo.hserus.net> writes:
> > I was toying around with idea of converting all the memory related
> > parameters in postgresql.conf to kilobytes for simplicity and
> > uniformity.
>
> Why is that a good idea?

Right now following are measured in pages
wal_buffers
shared_buffers
effective_cachesize

Following are in kbs
work_mem
maintenance_work_mem
max_stack_depth

while rest of the memory parameters are in kb. I thought being uniform would
be good. Besides it will make it independent of page size as well.
Shridhar