Re: Nested xacts: looking for testers and review - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: Nested xacts: looking for testers and review
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 26 May 2004, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> I have tested it and it passes all regression tests (including ones I
> added), plus some more tests I threw at it mainly for concurrency.
> Everything behaves as expected.  At this time I'd like to have it
> reviewed by the critic eye of the committers, and tested by whoever
> would be using it.
>
> I'm open for comments and suggestions and general input.  Thank you.

I unfortunately didn't really follow the discussions in the past (sorry :(
), but are the transaction state modifying statements done in a
subtransaction supposed to live beyond subtransaction rollback?

For example,
sszabo=# begin;
BEGIN
sszabo=# begin;