Re: Relocatable locale - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Relocatable locale
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> > I will make a Win32-specific patch.  Do we want an evironment variable
> > for Unix?
>
> No, we do not.  This entire thread has consisted of everyone but you
> objecting loudly to that idea.

They didn't sound very loud to me.

Why not have it so Unix folks can control it?

Also, how do we get our native apps to know the location of the locale
directory?  The only other solution I can think of is a libpq function
call to set it, but of course that can't be changed once the binary is
created.  Our apps could use the function call (based on the bin
location), and other apps would have to decide how they would make this
functionality visible, but it wouldn't be consistent.