Re: Relocatable locale - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Relocatable locale
Date
Re: Relocatable locale
List pgsql-patches
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> > > That sounds pretty reasonable to me.
> >
> > True, and we already have our own find_my_exec() which works for Unix too.
>
> What does that have to do with this case?  We're trying to find the library
> here.

Oh, I see that GetModuleFileName() finds the location of your library,
not of the binary.  Nice.  So, for Win32, we use that function call to
find the locale directory?

We do have a comment in port/exec.c:

    if (GetModuleFileName(NULL, retpath, MAXPGPATH) == 0)

and I thought that did only binaries, not the library that uses them.  I
assume if the library is a DLL, it returns the DLL location, and if it
is in the binary, it returns the binary location.

I will make a Win32-specific patch.  Do we want an evironment variable
for Unix?  Seems folks do.  I will work on that too.