Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server: Add code to identify_system_timezone() to try all zones in - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server: Add code to identify_system_timezone() to try all zones in
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 03:08:59PM -0300, Tom Lane wrote:

> Add code to identify_system_timezone() to try all zones in the zic
> database, not just ones that we cons up POSIX names for.  This looks
> grim but it seems to take less than a second even on a relatively slow
> machine, and since it only happens once during postmaster startup, that
> seems acceptable.

Is it possible to execute this at initdb time to set the default
timezone in postgresql.conf?  The user could get a message about what
timezone was selected, and be offered a --command-line-switch to select
a specific one.

Just an idea ...

"Ninguna manada de bestias tiene una voz tan horrible como la humana" (Orual)