Re: Queries with large ResultSets - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Andrea Aime
Subject Re: Queries with large ResultSets
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Alle 22:03, giovedì 20 maggio 2004, Dave Cramer ha scritto:
> You can use a holdable cursor, and get a cursor outside of a
> transaction, but beware, postgres has to store this somewhere, and it's
> not update-able

Store it somewhere means that it has to write the result of the query
to persistent storage and then provide scrolling over it? It's not the
best way to do things since in the case of geoserver the query result
can be several megabytes (gis data)...
Anyway, how do I get such a cursor using the JDBC driver?
Moreover, would the hack of calling commit() at the end of every operation
in order to simulate an autocommit connection work?

Best regards
Andrea Aime