New native timezone library patch for all platforms - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject New native timezone library patch for all platforms
Date
List pgsql-patches
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Here's an updated timezone patch, against current cvs HEAD.
>
> It also adds a couple of more fixes to the find_my_exec code so it will
> pick up the tz directory in all places. (It applies to cvs after the
> code was moved back out of main.c and into postmaster.c/postgres.c).

OK, I have put up a new patch at:

    ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/mypatches/timezone

The patch also involves removing a number of files, but that will not
affect testing.  pg_time.h goes into src/include, and strftime.c goes
into src/timezone.  I wil run pgindent before applying.

It did not require moving find_my_exec() higher so we are OK there with
the elog calls.

It passes all regression tests on my BSD/OS machine.

This patch hits a lot of drifting code so I will try to get it applied
in the next 12-24 hours.