Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Date
Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 17 May 2004, Mike Mascari wrote:

> Greg Stark wrote:
> > Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> >
> >>I can't complete by 1 June. Think worse of me if you choose.

> > So in my perfect world I picture 7.5 freezing June 1 and releasing in July or
> > so, giving a nice reliable simple upgrade for people who just want a safe 7.x
> > series to upgrade to even after 8.0 comes out. PITR, nested transactions going
> > into the CVS tree sometime in June or July and being frozen as 8.0 towards the
> > end of the year.
>
> A quick google of "7.4 Win32 release" will reveal that the above was
> precisely what was said about 7.4: it would be released to not hold
> up important features like the IN optimization and a quick 7.5 would
> have Win32 and PITR. It's almost as if a cron job reposts this
> thread every 6 - 12 months. For those of us that are desirous of
> PITR, it's a 6 month reposting that is becoming painful to read...

k, let's think this through ... 7.4 was released, what, 6 months ago?  And
6 months later, PITR still isn't ready?  Is there some logic here that if
7.4 wasn't released, PITR would have been done any sooner?

----