Successful migration from Cygipc to Cygserver - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Patrick Samson
Subject Successful migration from Cygipc to Cygserver
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Just for information and archive,
I migrated
from postgresql 7.3.5 / cygipc 2.03
to   postgresql 7.3.6 / cygserver 1.10

However my first trial was a failure:
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1499136,
03600) failed: Function not implemented

The reason is a mix between the .h files of cygserver
and the library of cygipc.

IIRC I read that the two services can cohabit. Just
do not run them at the same time. So I stopped the
ipc-daemon2 service and didn't pay more attention.

But ./configure still detects cygipc, uses -lcygipc,
and postgres.exe keeps a link to cygcygipc-2.dll.

I had to uninstall cygipc, or rename some files
 /lib/libcygipc.a
 /lib/libcygipc.dll.a
 /bin/cygcygipc-2.dll
to disable the detection of cygipc.

My configuration:
 ./configure --with-tcl --without-tk
 make
 make install

I don't know if 7.4.x has some changes to this
regard. Every README or FAQ_MSWIN I can read
is still refering to ipc-daemon[2] only. Not a word
about cygserver :(