Re: threads stuff/UnixWare - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: threads stuff/UnixWare
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Larry Rosenman wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.

> --On Thursday, May 13, 2004 10:05:22 -0400 Bruce Momjian
> <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
>

> > Basically, as things set right now in CVS, Unixware is ready to go
> > because it thread for everything.  We don't have per-template thread
> > settings anymore because we test all of it in configure.
>
> Was a change made to link initdb et al with -Kpthread?  It doesn't seem to
> be in AnonCVS yet.

Really?  You are configuring with --enable-thread-safety?  I just
updated your template in CVS, and it is attached.  However, any old CVS
should work fine.

if test "$GCC" != yes; then
then
  # The -Kno_host is for a bug in the compiler.  See -hackers
  # discussion on 7-8/Aug/2003.
  cat >conftest.c <<__EOF__
extern char *strcpy(char *, const char *);

static void f(char *p, int n){
        strcpy(p+n,"");
}
void g(void){
        f(0, 0);
}
__EOF__

  if $CC -c -O -Kinline conftest.c >conftest.err 2>&1; then
    CFLAGS="-O -Kinline"
  else
    CFLAGS="-O -Kinline,no_host"
  fi