Re: alter table alter columns vs. domains - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: alter table alter columns vs. domains
Date
Re: alter table alter columns vs. domains  (Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
Merlin Moncure wrote:
> Is it feasible or practical to consider adding ALTER DOMAIN TYPE type?
> (basically following the same rules as ALTER TABLE).
>
> I don't mind bringing down all the views before I do this, it would be
> just great if you could change domains from a centralized location.
> Oracle offers this feature...

Interesting ---  you would have to rebuild every table that uses the
domain, and map from-to for all stored values of the domain.

TODO item?

Pennsylvania19073