database read/write from applications code Request for advice - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From terr@terralogic.net
Subject database read/write from applications code Request for advice
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I am wondering if there is a simple way to implement a read() blah and write() blah function to a database.

The application I'm looking at is very simple and this is all that is required.  In the past I used a cursor - did the
select,then retrieved the records one at a time.

Any suggestions?  I would prefer to not re-map each feild with each call and if I use the equivalent of pro*c it
generatesover 1000 parameters into the call - which is crasy.

A function that binds the variables from the calling program would be acceptable.  For instance we might have
pgbind(&myCfield,fieldType, sizeof(myCfield) ...) or something along this line.

Thanx.