Re: new aggregate functions v1 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: new aggregate functions v1
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 04:21:21PM +0200, Fabien COELHO wrote:

> (2) bitwise integer aggregates named bit_and and bit_or for
>     int2, int4, int8 and bit types. They are not standard,
>     however they exist in other db (eg mysql), and I needed them
>     for some other stuff.

I'm sure people won't like to add functions just because "some other DB
has them".  Maybe we could take this kind of "compatibility functions"
all together into some gborg module and let people install that if they
want closer compatibility.  So we could have "Mysql compatible
functions", "Oracle compatible functions", etc.  Thus the backend would
be free from this stuff, and people who needs it just installs the whole
package.

"La realidad se compone de muchos sueños, todos ellos diferentes,
pero en cierto aspecto, parecidos..." (Yo, hablando de sueños eróticos)