Re: Press Release Party - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Press Release Party
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > discuss it.  Maybe this press release is that a company wants to
> > sponsor a particular feature, but then after the press release it
> > turns out that 9 out of 10 developers think the feature is stupid?
> > How does that make us look?
>
> Who cares?  If the resultant patch isn't considered acceptable by the
> community, it just won't get applied *shrug*

I think the general public would care if we make press releases about
features that don't end up happening.  Plus, this could become a very
popular method for companies to get free advertisement: claim you will
sponsor X, get someone to make a PostgreSQL press release about it, and
later, well, the X gets kind of lost somewhere.