Re: email list for onsite oscon preparations - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: email list for onsite oscon preparations
Date
Re: email list for onsite oscon preparations
Re: email list for onsite oscon preparations
List pgsql-advocacy
Elein,

> It was pointed out that we do not want to do
> the organization on advocacy and no one was
> interested in my wiki, I think we'll have to
> use a mailing list.

Um, why not do it on the Advocacy mailing list?   What is the Advocacy list
for, if not this?  Just prefix the subject lines with OSCON and people not
going can ignore them.

SO you know, I'm still waiting for word back from O'Reilly on a discount code
for PostgreSQL community members.   I've been waiting for about 10 days, not
sure what's going on.

> We'll need to clarify the swag.  Greg, you have a handle on
> this right?  I also cannot find who was interested in
> creating the CD.  Could you contact me or the oscon list
> when it gets created?

Well, we need an ISO.  Once that's done, we can use community resources (e.g.
25 people with CD burners and lable printers) to get the CDs done.

Alternately, if we can raise money, we can have it professionally done and get
CDs for LWE as well.   Having CDs factory-burned only pays if we're getting
at lease 1000, though.

We *do* need a CD cover and T-Shirt design.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions