Re: [HACKERS] logging statement levels - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] logging statement levels
Date
List pgsql-patches
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Unless I'm missing something, this patch has the effect that with values
> of "ddl" or "mod"  for log_statement, a statement with a parse error
> will not be logged, which was what I hoped to avoid.

Right.  The query type can't be determined during a syntax error because
the parser couldn't identify the supplied command.  I think that is
fine.

What it does allow is to for 'all' to display the command before the
syntax error.