Re: hint infrastructure setup (v3) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: hint infrastructure setup (v3)
Date
List pgsql-patches
Fabien COELHO wrote:
> CREATE USER calvin WITH IN GROUP admin, CREATEDB;
> ERROR:  group "admin" does not exist
>
> CREATE USER calvin WITH IN GROUP admin CREATEDB foo;
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foo" at character 49
> HINT:  other user options or ';' expected
>
> CREATE USER calvin NOCREATEUSER CREATEDB foo;
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foo" at character 42
> HINT:  other user options or ';' expected
>
> CREATE USER calvin CREATEUSER foo;
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "foo" at character 31
> HINT:  other user options or ';' expected

I hate to say it but I don't see these hints as being very helpful.

Basically, if you look at the developers FAQ, you should discuss what
you want to do, how you want to do it, then code.  I realize you spent a
lot of time on a patch, but I don't see a lot of value in adding such
hints.