Re: Aberdeen Study on OS RDBMS: exceprts and breakdown. - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Aberdeen Study on OS RDBMS: exceprts and breakdown.
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Scott,

> I doubt there's any malice behind their words, but the research was pretty
> poor on all the databases covered, and they left out firebirdSQL which is
> easily in the same realm as the other open source databases for having
> solid code, a cult like following, and its own set of features that set it
> apart.

What's really peculiar about this is that I participated in an Aberdeen study
specifically on PostgreSQL as a replacement for Oracle.   So the Aberdeen
folks have *extensive* information about PostgreSQL, its features, and its
development process.   But apparently the researchers don't share
information.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions