Re: Nested Sets WAS: column size too large, is this a bug? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Nested Sets WAS: column size too large, is this a bug?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Robert,

> If you search the pgsql-sql archives you'll find some helpful threads on
> using nested sets in PostgreSQL, one in particular I  was involved with was
> a generic "move_tree" function that enabled moving a node from one branch
> to another.

I have to admit to failing to follow -SQL over the last few months.    This
list and Hackers are pretty much the only ones I read all of.

Maybe I should get back on -SQL and we can compare move_tree functions :-)

Did yours use a temp table, or some other means?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions