Re: PG vs MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Nolan
Subject Re: PG vs MySQL
Date
List pgsql-general
> > Perhaps, but it isn't obvious which directory has which database.  I'm not
> > not sure which system catalogs provide that information, something that
> > wasn't obvious from the online docs, either.
>
> SELECT oid FROM pg_database WHERE datname = '<database>';

Thanks.  That should be easier to find in the documentation, perhaps it
should be mentioned in the docs for the pg_database system catalog.

From an ISP's or DBA's point of view, it would be preferable if there was
a way to determine which directory held which database without having
to actually log into the database.  I can envision circumstances under
which postmaster might not be running when that information is needed.
--
Mike Nolan